- What would you consider to be your favourite fashion moment? Most definitely the one I wore when I won the Best Male Model Award at the 2018 Malta Fashion Awards. It’s my biggest achievement and proudest moment in fashion and modelling to date.
- Can you describe the outfit in detail: I went with a formal look but I wanted to add my own edge to it with different textures and prints. Starting off, I had a navy blue Emporio Armani shirt, which I combined with a vintage, lightly-chequered waistcoat, a pair of spotted, blue and beige Emporio Armani trousers, and a pair of Angel Infantes leather loafers. Finally, to complete the look and give it a bit of a summery feel – it was a hot day! – I also wore a long, off-white, linen trench from Zara.
- How did you accessorise this outfit? I love accessories and always include them in my outfits. To elevate the look, I wore a pair of vintage Ray-bans in camel-coloured leopard print and a gold Raymond Weil timepiece. I also wore a number of rings that I have bought on various trips, a silver coin necklace, and some bracelets.
- How did you decide upon what type of hair, make-up, and nails to combine with your outfit? At the time my hair was quite long with a side-skin fade, so I styled it with a slickback. I also sported a handlebar moustache and a goatee.
- What or who inspired the outfit? This outfit remains a special one to me as the inspiration came from pieces that were given to me by some of the closest people in my life. The shirt and trousers had been a birthday present from my mum; the waistcoat was my late grandfather’s; the shoes were a Christmas present from my father, which he brought back from Milan; and the coat was given to me by my siblings. Each piece has a sentimental meaning and that makes it truly special for me.
6. Who is your favourite style icon and why? My style icon would have to be Johnny Depp: he can pull off any style and I love the way he wears hats and lots of accessories!